Many novice advertisers are afraid to start working with Facebook, as consider it difficult. In this article, we will look at how to start advertising without having experience with this advertising system.
How to create your business page on Facebook
Before you start advertising, create a business page on Facebook
Start by defining a category:
- local companies or locations — for small businesses tied to a specific city, such as cafes, offline stores, or courses;
- companies, organizations or institutions – for medium and large companies, for example, online stores with delivery across the country;
- brands or products are one of the most popular options to promote a brand or an individual product, for example, an online or offline event, a training course, a tourist trip;
- artists, groups, public figures are the famous people who decide to have a public Facebook page as well as writers, coaches, entrepreneurs;
- entertainment must be suitable for unifying people with hobbies, for example, music, cinema, sports, traveling;
- communities are quite rarely used. They are suitable for those who did not find the desired subcategory among other options.
After you upload a photo of your company and decide whether to add a new page to the quick access sidebar, Facebook will offer to start advertising your brand.
You can immediately pay for the promotion, or you can return to this later.
How to start an advertising page on Facebook – Digital Agency London
There are 2 options: using the Advertising Manager or Power Editor. If you just start to learn how to run powerful ads on Facebook, use the Advertising Manager. It does not have some of the features that are in the Power Editor, but it is easier to understand from scratch.
Having mastered this tool, you can proceed to the Power Editor, which has several additional functions:
development and publication of unpublished posts; filtering views by the campaign, ad group or any tag created;
creating voluminous advertisements with the ability to import and export documents in Excel;
the ability to fine-tune audiences and use “Saved Target Groups”, “Custom Audiences” and “Visual Audiences”.
Choose Facebook Campaign Target
Not all ads have equal opportunities. Here is the complete list of goals and campaigns Facebook offers:
- interaction with messages on the page; promote posts;
- Like marks on the page make the number of subscribers constantly grow;
- Clicks to the site. Invite people to your site;
- Event responses. Increase attendance at your event.
It is important to note that the goal you choose is done at the campaign level. This means that if you create an ad on Facebook that you want to click on, all ad groups and individual posts should be aimed at the same goal.
Facebook audience selection
You can spend a lot of time, effort and energy by creating an effective advertising campaign with beautiful design and catchy text. But if you don’t show your ads to the target audience, then you won’t see the result.
Also, remember that it is difficult to advertise products or services that are aimed at a highly specialized audience or visitors who are interested in a product but are not ready to buy it.
For example, you should not sell a sofa for $ 1,000 using Facebook. After all, it’s quite difficult to determine the audience and configure the display of an ad only for it. To avoid these errors, use these 5 proven methods for analyzing your audience.
Facebook is one of the best platforms for entrepreneurs. It has a functional tool for segmenting the audience.
The ability to target works at the level of an individual ad, ad groups, and entire advertising campaigns. Here are just a few of the ways you can segment your Facebook audience:
- marital status;
- political views;
- links to your page.
In addition, you have the option to upload your information to create custom audiences. Here you can target by Email address, phone numbers, and user identifiers;
Select ad placement
Now that you know for which users you will be showing your ad and what you want them to do, it’s time to decide where to place your ad.
There are 3 main options on the site
Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
1) Advertising in the news feed
This is the most visible place for successful Facebook ads. Ads are displayed along with the content shared by friends of users. Although people see the “Advertising” icon, these posts are more familiar. You can share them like any other record.
2) Advertising on the Facebook mobile newsfeed
In 2014, Facebook announced that 1.01 billion active users accessed social networks from mobile phones. It’s stupid not to use such a database, right? The answer depends on whether you have a website adapted for smartphones. It makes no sense to attract visitors to a page that does not work or is poorly displayed on the screen of a phone or monitor.
3) Advertising in the right column of Facebook
It contains from 2 to 6 ads.
Campaign Budget Selection
Once you’ve created your Facebook campaign, set up your Ad Group. In this paragraph, determine the budget that you agree to spend. Start with a minimum budget and gradually increase it. Spread the amounts across different audiences and goals. Set a budget on a daily or ongoing basis, indicate the start and end dates for your ads.
In this article, we looked at how to start a traffic campaign on Facebook without even having experience with this platform.