Even if at the initial stage things are going well in the enterprise, sooner or later there comes a time when the available resources are already insufficient and a new quality level is required. In this case, it is worthwhile to attract a business development manager to the organization. Its main functions include maintaining contacts with customers and suppliers, as well as creating a favorable atmosphere within the organization. It is a kind of link that is designed to ensure effective contacts between senior management and subordinates at all levels.
It is worth noting that the development manager should have complete information not only about the enterprise itself but also about the situation in the industry as a whole. He should always have the most current statistics. In addition, the development manager is the face of the company, representing her in negotiations with both customers and suppliers.
Profession Development Manager
The profession of a development manager is demanding and versatile and includes almost directorship responsibilities. A specialist of such a profile studies the market, participates in advertising campaigns and marketing programs, brings new products to the market, works to reduce costs and increase the profitability of the company’s activities, and so on. In short, the development manager is engaged in solving the strategic tasks of the company.
Development Manager Requirements
Basic requirements for a development manager:
- work experience for more than 1 year;
- higher education (sometimes unfinished);
- PC knowledge: MS Office, 1C, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Often requires proficiency in English and a car.
How to become a development manager
To become a development manager, it is enough to have a higher education – either economics or related to the scope of the company. For example, in a construction company, a building education would be appropriate.
In addition to the diploma and knowledge gained in the university, you will need experience (preferably in sales, advertising, marketing or in the field of the company).
Development Manager Salary
The salary of a development manager depends heavily on work experience and skills development. Experts with an experience of more than one year can count on 30 – 60 thousand rubles a month. Experts with the experience of more than 3 years, with leadership experience, earn 50 – 150 thousand rubles per month. The average salary of a development manager is 40 thousand rubles a month.
An efficient manager can quickly grow to a commercial director (or even to a general director).
Profession development manager
The position development manager is indispensable in all areas. This also applies to the production and service areas. Places of work:
- medium and large companies;
- government agencies and corporations.
History of the profession
The gradual development of technology in the world has become very aggressive in the 20th century and, especially, in its second half. The development of transport, communications, engineering, the media and the simplification of international trade set new tasks for the business.
The labor market was demanded by a large number of managers and managers at various levels – sales managers, business development specialists, quality managers, advertising managers, wholesalers, and foreign partners.
How to become a development manager in our Digital Agency London
The responsibilities of a development manager are as follows:
- search and attract customers;
- negotiations, consultations, the conclusion of contracts with customers;
- control of marketing and advertising partners and dealers;
- monitoring competitors (prices, range, promotional activities);
- creating research reports;
- opening of new points of sale of the company and control of their activities.
If an organization is focused on success, then it certainly needs an effective leader. Such a leader can be a business development manager.
Job description he includes the following list of responsibilities:
- development of a global concept of enterprise development;
- drawing up a restructuring plan, if necessary, as well as close monitoring of its implementation;
- development of proposals for improving the work of the enterprise and their coordination with the management; search for new possible activities of the organization;
- ensuring effective interaction between all structural units of the company;
- analysis of reporting information in order to correct plans; development of training programs for staff development;
- Periodic analysis of own work and provision of top management relevant reporting.
Company management requires the possession of certain skills and knowledge.
In order to fulfill the responsibilities of a development manager at a qualitative level, it is necessary to meet the following requirements:
- Have leadership qualities (self-confidence, resistance to stress, organizational skills) to motivate employees to work;
- Have a certain knowledge in the field of psychology of behavior and communication;
- Have a speaking ability to successfully deliver reports, reports and business proposals;
- Know the features of workflow and office work;
- A prerequisite is higher economic education;
- Knowledge of legislation in the field of entrepreneurship, organization of production and management is required;
- Knowledge of foreign languages is encouraged to establish contacts at the international level;
- Requires possession of a personal computer and other office equipment.
Our agency is ready to offer its clients the service of a business development manager. He would be able to carry out any task.
The responsibilities of a business development manager outline a wide range of functions that this employee is required to perform. He is responsible for organizing external relations, creating a positive image of the company, as well as maintaining a favorable atmosphere that will contribute to the productive work of subordinates.