How to Hire Marketing Analyst
The profession of a marketing analyst, as well as its functionality, must include several qualities that are essential for continued career growth. Lack of ambition and desire to regularly challenge yourself can destroy a specialist at the stage of its formation. Someone relies on personal qualities; others focus on professional skills. The main thing is not to forget that you cannot stop there if you want to achieve excellent results.
A normal marketer is different from rogue by several criteria:
- He loves and understands numbers. His main work tool is Excel, not Photoshop.
- He needs interesting tasks and the opportunity to achieve cool results and learn new things.
- The salary comes after.
- A good marketer is working independently and ahead of the curve. He can put himself
- a task, estimate deadlines and meet them. A bad marketer, on the other hand, is waiting for the boss to knock him on the head for two-month decline in sales. And then it’s too late to do something.
- Marketers are useful to be able to write well and quickly. A good marketer is an analyst and bookworm, not a rock star.
- It would be nice to be able to work with some “Yandex-Directs” and “Google-advanced”. But at
- the presence of the previous points this study in a month.
Hiring a marketer will have to check all these points. It is advisable not to spend too much on checking. It all depends on the goals that the employer sets itself, and the salary that is budgeted for. The beginner will need to be trained, but most likely he will be very stubborn and have a straightforward look at many business processes.
An experienced employee will cost the company an order of magnitude more expensive, but will not make elementary mistakes, which will most likely be encountered by an inexperienced marketer at first. So that a staff marketer, working with only one project, does not drown in the routine, does not lose productivity, send him more often to specialized conferences and, of course, increase the salary in proportion to the development of the specialist.
At the interview I have two tasks: “sell” the work to the candidate so that he really wants to work with us, and check all items from the list of competencies. At the beginning of the interview, I talk about the company: what are we doing, why, what candidate are we looking for, where are we previous marketer.
After the story, I ask the candidate to tell the same about himself and listen to him carefully. I mentally verify that The person wrote in the questionnaire. Since there are few people, it is also easy to remember.
There are several qualities that must be present in an experienced marketing analyst, which will help to hire a real professional:
Pay attention to details.
- You do not need to be pedantic and spend time on everything, but it is imperative that you pay attention to the nuances that contribute to the promotion of the product. If you ever gave a gift without a beautiful package, not counting its cost, then it will be difficult to become a marketer. You have to think in a complex way and see the whole picture, and it doesn‘t matter if the brand is a whole or a specific product, everything should be interconnected. Striving for an ideal that is impossible to achieve will make you improve your work every time. Having missed one small detail, you can negatively affect the final result;
Be able to plan.
- Many people know how to invent interesting moves, but not everyone manages to implement them. There is simply no guarantee of success. There are many details that must be observed in order to achieve positive indicators. You need to feel the situation and carefully plan your actions. Punctuality in work adds advantages to this skill and targets productive activities;
- For many people, a variety of ideas are constantly spinning in their heads, remaining in their infancy. And after a while, you see a similar project with another person and you are left alone with your disappointment. Let’s be honest, which the reader didn’t have a great business plan that didn’t see the light? It is important to understand that it is rather difficult to open your own business, so you need to treat those who already have this business with responsibility, moreover, who trusts you;
- This is important for all professions, not just for marketers. Our specialty constantly reminds us that the data is outdated. For example, I had to make a lot of edits when I was writing my dissertation because every time a new product appeared on the market, players, and methods for attracting consumers. You are limited in your professional growth if you do not see the point in constant learning, and therefore you are doomed to lose to stronger competitors;
- As each marketer communicates with all divisions of the company and begins to implement his strategy from the inside, he must be able to plan and prepare everything competently in order to offer the market an already formed brand, product, service, etc.
Our agency offers an experienced marketing analyst, which offers high-level service to its clients.