Regardless of whether you focus on Yandex or Google, whether you plan to conduct a project in the USA, Japan or Russia, the process of website promotion remains unchanged in all cases.
There are some regional differences and the specifics of the work, however, in all cases, the SEO specialist must adhere to certain instructions. In this article, we will look at a step-by-step guide on how to promote your website using SEO.
Analysis of a niche, competitors, and resource is carried out in all cases, regardless of the type of website, whether it is a business card website, a forum, an online store or a corporate website.
After the SEO-specialist accesses analytics data and connects to the webmaster’s panel of the site, he must analyze all the most important information about the resource to clearly understand his future work front. What specific tasks does a specialist do:
This is necessary so that the SEO specialist immediately determines whether the site needs global changes, starting with a complete “redesign” of UX / UI, whether it is necessary to change the protocols to https, or most importantly, start from adapting the site to mobile devices.
As in the previous case, this stage can be applied to all types of promoted resources. At the stage of the formation of the semantic core, the SEO specialist, using auxiliary services, starts to collect the semantic core and breaks it into frequency. After that, the nucleus is clustered, as well as its gradual expansion.
For small sites, the semantic core can include several hundred requests, for giants, several hundred thousand. That is why work on the collection and formation of a semantic core can take several months, while a requirement is to avoid common mistakes when compiling a site’s core.
First of all, a search promotion specialist checks the pages of a resource and, if necessary, fixes existing bugs – 404 pages, etc. After that, the primary task for internal optimization is formed.
At this stage, in order of importance, the following activities are carried out:
A common situation is when a resource is not working well in a search engine due to the presence of a large number of pages with static weight.
In other words, there is no linking on the website’s internal pages that help users navigate, and search engines can index existing pages faster.
Using special scripts (taking into account optimized queries), the SEO specialist relinks and optimizes the site’s structure by transferring weight from low-competitive to highly competitive pages.
In some cases (for example, when working with a blog), the content manager may also be involved in the task of internal linking.
You must increase the mention ability of the resource on the network, and to develop the link mass there. The more natural the link, the better.
There are some tips:
1. Use exchanges specializing in thematic platforms with eternal links, for example, gogetlinks.
2. Write press releases or news articles with links to thematic portals. Such services as miralinks, b2blogger will help in the selection and organization of accommodation.
3. Explore the main catalogs of companies in your area. We need both specific industry catalogs and general information catalogs. Put information about your organization in these directories. Do not avoid paid directories, as the barrier to entry is higher and the spam level is lower.
4. Use partnerships and combine SEO with PR goals. For example, posting a jointly prepared article on a partner portal with a link to your resource will provide not only benefits for SEO, but also a large number of clicks from interested users.
5. Use a variety of anchors for links, the most natural will be not only general phrases indicating the main activities and contents of the recipient page but also “non-anchor” links with the page address and organization name.
The following services are useful for checking and analyzing the link mass of a site: LinkPad, Ahrefs, Page Weight.
Using them, you can also evaluate the reference mass of competing sites. You will learn about reputable sources that you have missed.
Get personal insider information that will allow developing your IT business to new heights!