Brand identity is a visual image of the company, which should attract the attention of the buyer, who has long been accustomed to all modern types of advertising. This means that creating a brand identity is not an easy task and requires immersion in all the details of this process.
As mentioned above, the corporate identity consists of a set of elements, the main ones are as follows:
- Trademark. It implies a unique designation that allows you to individualize products so that the consumer can distinguish them from similar products from other manufacturers.
- Logo. This is a trademark form, a specific symbol or inscription. As well as any of the elements of corporate identity expresses the individuality of the enterprise. (Read more here)
- The corporate block is a combination of a number of traditional style elements that are used most often.
- Corporate slogan (slogan) – a kind of motto of the company, reflecting its philosophy, goals of the activity.
- Branded colors. Each company chooses its own set of colors, which is used to create a logo, trademark, as well as often in some way associated with a characteristic feature of the company. (How to choose a color – read here)
- The corporate font set is a way to uniquely display text in the company’s corporate identity media.
Putting all these parts together, the company begins to stand out from the competition, attracting new customers. It is only necessary to correctly use everything that relates to the elements of corporate identity in the promotion. It is important to correctly place them on everything that determines the image of the company: products, uniforms of employees, vehicles, etc. Corporate identity should also be created on the basis of the sphere in which the company operates, in order to appear like the “white crow”.
There are many examples of companies that have failed due to the neglect of this important part of the business.
Among other things, the style of the entire company largely determines the style of its leader. Many successful companies have become so, thanks to the charisma of the person who heads it. So, once it was, for example, Steve Jobs, who fell in love with buyers not only with Apple products but also with himself, becoming an idol for a huge number of people all over the world. Today, the world is conquering Ilon Mask, because not everyone dares to turn the launch of a space rocket into a show, placing the car in place of the mannequin, right?
Brand mistakes – Digital Agency London
Often, creating brand identity, entrepreneurs make several common mistakes. This is either the pursuit of the latest trends in branding or the underestimation of the importance of creating the style of your business.
In the first case, you can get an absolutely incompatible style for the company, in addition, it can cost a lot of money and, most likely, will not bring the desired result. Therefore, it is best to highlight the particular qualities of your product or service, which should be concisely underlined by elements of identity and based on this when choosing colors, fonts, etc.
In the second case, many people think that brand identity is a privilege of large companies and they do not need it. Despite the fact that such an opinion is quite common, it is absolutely no reason to abandon the idea of identity. It will help any company look more presentable in front of potential customers or partners. Moreover, now there are online services with the help of which it is very easy to create a visual image of your company without any special expenses.
What is the brand identity created for?
Corporate style performs important functions in the life of the organization:
- External image. The style of organization is an important component of your company’s image and creates its unique image, which contributes to increasing recognition and reputation.
- Association with the firm. Corporate identity elements evoke a direct association with the organization among customers.
- The difference from competitors. Corporate identity helps distinguish your products from competitors.
- The identity of the organization includes all the design attributes, starting from the logo and ending with literally every piece of paper used by the company. The use of all this should be described in the brand book.
- When choosing a color range of brand identity, consider how color affects the perception of a person.
Text components of the corporate identity, such as the name or slogan, are intended for a concise acquaintance of the client with your company. It is necessary to give them due attention and take care that the name and slogan contain the most important information about it. Also important is the font.
Logo for brand
The logo is the most informative and at the same time concise graphic or textual element of corporate identity that creates a visual image of the company and helps to attract customers. The logo is used in all components of corporate identity, advertising (signs, posters, banners, city lights, billboards, booklets, stickers on vehicles, signs, indexes), and also identifies the company’s products.
Elements of style graphics are business cards, letterheads, favicons, envelopes, badges, etc. They combine all other elements of brand identity. The presence of each of these attributes of style-forming graphics indicates a high level of organization of the enterprise.
Corporate identity is one of the most modern and relevant types of advertising. Corporate identity is a set of color, graphic, verbal and other permanent elements that provide visual and semantic unity of goods (services), all information coming from a company, its internal and external design.
The use of corporate identity implies a unified approach to the design, color combinations, images in advertising, business papers, technical and business documentation, product packaging, etc.
Stand out from the competition, create the image of the company and attract more and more customers with it.